Every student shall undergo a period of certified study extending over 4½ academic years from the date of commencement of study to the date of completion of examination followed by 1 year of compulsory rotatory internship as per the curriculum designed by the Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences. The Institute offers undergraduate as well as postgraduate training in medical and surgical specialties.
The 4½ year course has been divided into 3 phases:
- Phase I – 1 year consisting of 2 terms of 6 months each.
- Phase II – 1½ years consisting of 3 terms of 6 months each.
- Phase III – 2 years consisting of 4 terms of 6 months each.
The first year will deal with the study of the Phase-I (Pre-Clinical) subjects of Human Anatomy, Physiology including Bio-Physics, Bio-Chemistry and Introduction to Community Medicine.
Phase-II is devoted to Para-Clinical and Clinical subjects. Para-Clinical subjects shall consist of Pathology, Pharmacology, Microbiology, Forensic Medicine including Toxicology and part of Community Medicine. During this phase, the clinical subjects shall be taught concurrently. The clinical subjects taught will be Medicine and its allied specialties, Surgery and its allied specialties and Obstetrics & Gynecology.
Phase-III is divided into Part 1 which consists of ENT, Ophthalmology and Community Medicine and Part 2 which consists of clinical subjects – Medicine and its allied specialties, Surgery and its allied specialties, Obstetrics & Gynecology.
- Recognized by Medical Council of India No:MCI-34(41)/2007-Med./5534 dt 25.05.2007
- Recognized by Govt of India No. U.12012/76/2001-ME (P-II) dated 12.06.2007.
- Affiliated to Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences ACA/M-31/2009-10 dt 13.10.08.